Yield: 10-12 pancakes
¼ cup chopped walnuts
Oil for the skillet
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, applesauce (or oil), sugar, milk, and vanilla.
- Stir in zucchini into large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into zucchini batter.
- Fold in flax seeds and walnuts.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and grease with coconut oil. Scoop ¼ cup dollops of batter into pan.
- Cook until bubbles appear on surface (2-3 minutes), flip and cook for another minute or two. These take longer to cook than normal pancakes because of the moist zucchini and trust me raw zucchini does not taste good!
- If making a lot pancakes place cooked pancakes in a pan in the oven at 200F to keep warm.