- Rinse quinoa a few times in cold water. (Soaking version, optional: place rinsed quinoa and veggie broth with a Tablespoon of lemon juice in a saucepan and place in oven with oven turned off but oven light turned ON overnight)
- Bring quinoa and veggie broth (or water) to a boil in a medium saucepan, and then reduce to simmer.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes until quinoa is fluffy and cooked through. Remove from heat and let set for 5 minutes or so. Then season with salt and fluff with a fork.
- Allow quinoa to cool and store in fridge, preferably overnight (optional but does taste better)
- Mix teriyaki, soy sauce, and sesame oil in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat ½ Tablespoon oil olive in large saute pan over high heat. Add onion and carrot (and any add ins or other veggies except peas), cook about 2 minutes.
- Add 2 scallions, garlic, and ginger to the pan. Cook another 2 minutes.
- Add sauce and mix until well incorporated, about 2 minutes.
- Make a well in the center of the quinoa and pour eggs into the center, scramble and cook.
- Add peas and mix the entire pan together and cook everything is heated through.
- Add remaining scallion and serve.
Monday, March 9, 2015
Author: Modified version of recipe from Cooking for Keeps
Click here for a printer friendly PDF
1 cup quinoa (or 2 ½ to 3 cups leftover cooked quinoa)
1 ½ cup homemade veggie broth or water
1 onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
3 scallions, chopped and divided
4 garlic cloves, minced
½ teaspoon fresh ginger, minced (dry will work too)
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 eggs, lightly scrambled (still raw), optional
1 cup frozen peas
Optional add ins: mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, and/or corn
3 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce
5 Tablespoons soy sauce
1 ½ teaspoon sesame oil
Other recipes you may enjoy: